Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Painting

There is a really awesome and kind lady in my church branch, Susan Mortensen, who is also talented at painting. One day I was at her apartment and she was showing me her paintings. I said, "I want to learn how to paint. Will you teach me?" And she quickly replied, "Sure." So now, on Tuesday mornings I go over to her house and paint for a couple of hours. It's fun... and frustrating. Because painting can be frustrating. But I'm really enjoying it. Yesterday I finished my first painting. Here it is:

My artistic rendition.

Here's the picture I painted from. A few things in the painting were changed.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Whoa! I am so impressed, very nice!

LB said...

Awesome painting! I didn't know you painted!? What else can you do? :O)

Genny said...

I too am impressed! I think that's awesome that you are taking lessons from a local. My aunt did that, and she her paintings are hung all over her house. It's pretty cool :)

Travel_Chic said...

It turned out SO good! So when is mine coming?

kathryn said...

I always knew you had an eye for color and style, but this blows me away. You are a true Renaissance Woman. Keep it up!