Sunday, April 4, 2010

I went to the DMZ...

...and I survived. There was no shooting, but lots of soldiers and lots of restrictions. It was an interesting experience - one that is hard to describe fully. They say pictures are worth a thousand words, so enjoy the pictures.


Freedom Bridge (or Preedom Bridgee as our tour guide liked to call it), where North Koreans fled into South Korea during the war.


A bombed out train, evidence and effects from the war.



Wishes that South Koreans have made and posted on the dividing fence, in hopes of seeing family and friends from the North.


I'm in North Korea!!! With a South Korean soldier. Our tour guide says they wear sunglasses all the time so they don't "eye fight" with the North Korean soldiers.


The line dividing North and South Korea. Such a small barrier, but one that seems insurmountable.


Hannah, me, and Jess hanging out with some South Korean soldiers. I love a man in uniform...

1 comment:

Kate said...

okay so my comment in 'your favorite students' entry was meant for this one but ...you get my drift. :)
Awesome stuff! oh....and everyone loves a man in uniform! Yow! :)