Sunday, February 28, 2010

Why I love Korea

Why do I love Korea? It's not so much that there is awesome stuff to see (which there is), or that there are a lot of cultural things to do (which there are) - but I love Korea because of the people. I get to hang out and work with some of the coolest, kindest, funnest people out there. They have made my move and transition into Korea as smooth as could possibly be. From my school director and manager who furnished my apartment and always ask me if there's anything else I need, to my Korean live saver Joanne who's helped with so many things they're too innumerable to count, to Haejin and Chris - Korean friends that I knew in the States and are still my friends, to all the singles in the English ward who befriended me without question. These people are amazing and without them I probably would have been huddled in the fetal position in a corner of my small apartment crying. But I'm not - instead I'm loving life and having a blast. So to all of them - 감사합니다 - or in other words thank you!

Haejin and I at Olympic Park


Chris Kim!


When you hang out with cool people, they tend to do cool things - like putting on "Bob's House of Blues" where lovely and talented people can perform. This is Bob's girlfriend, Young Joo playing a traditional Korean instrument.

1 comment:

LB said...

Oh I'm so happy for you!!