Monday, February 8, 2010

More great experiences

On Saturday I went to the Seoul Temple to do baptisms for the dead. I'd been to the Seoul temple when I was on my mission and had to do a visa run to Korea, so it was neat to be able to go back. And of course the temple is always a great place to go. Afterward, Sarah, Jessica and I all went to eat at a Mexican place called On the Border. It was actually pretty good and we had the most adorable waiter who whispered English to us and was probably all of 19 years old. Then we headed to the Seoul Arts Center to see an art exhibit titled From Monet to Picasso. There was some amazing paintings there. And I'll tell you that being 6' tall came in handy when I didn't want to stand in line; instead I just looked at the art over all of the Koreans heads.

Sunday was a very long day at church but it was worth it. We got to hear Elder Oaks speak at a fireside in our church building. It was amazing to see a sea of Korean members packed into the church to hear Elder Oaks, even though he didn't speak their language (but of course there was translation). It just goes to show the power of the gospel and the great blessing we have to have apostles. It was a very good day.


Me and Joanne - my Korean life savior.


Jessica and Sarah in front of the temple.


View of Seoul from the temple.

No comments: