Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Kpop

Korea has a musical phenomenon called Kpop, basically Korean pop music. Right now the "in" thing are groups - boy groups and girl groups. The more members, the younger and prettier they are the better. There is one boy group called Super Junior that has 13 members. 13!!! That's just crazy. Seeing as how I teach teenagers I thought it was important to learn about Kpop, and I have to admit that I kind of like it.

Right now, my favorite song is by a group called 2AM. It's called Can't Let You Go, Even If I Die. I have no idea what they are saying, but it is very pretty, and they are very pretty too.



There is another group called 2PM (yes that's right, one called 2AM the other 2PM), that has this song called Heartbeat. Their hair is really weird, but I like their dance moves.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

That second video is pretty cool--a real Michael Jackson vibe to it. As for the first one, what is with the sweater on the guy in the winter room? He looks like he's getting ready for a figure skating competition.

Thanks for sharing a little piece of Korean pop culture!