Friday, February 5, 2010

One Month Mark

I've been in Korea for one month, and I can hardly believe it. The time has flown by, and it's been great and exciting and tiring and hard and fun. I'm so glad I came here and get to teach English to a bunch of middle schoolers (punks that they may be) and experience all this crazy stuff that is foreign and wonderful to me.

Things I'm grateful for here in Korea:

- Joanne: my coworker and friend and basic savior when it comes to all things Korean.

- The Church and the crazy group of singles that I get to hang out with.

- Korean food. Some of it is weird, but for the most part I really like it.

- The Burger King that is right by my work (because as much as I like Korean food, I must admit that sometimes I just feel like a burger).

- The metro system: it may be huge but it's super convienent and clean.

- Korean shopping: I like to shop and you can pretty much shop anywhere here in Seoul. Korea gets an A+ for their accesories. They have awesome earrings, rings, headbands, and hair clips. If I'm not careful I could overrun my tiny apartment with them.

- My tiny apartment: the fact that I have a warm place to live and I get to live there by myself. And even if it's tiny it makes it easier to clean.

- Kpop: I'm a converted fan of Korean music. In fact I just bought two CDs today, 2AM and CNBLUE. Check them out if you have a chance.

- Tall, cute Korean guys. The tall ones perhaps are few and far between but they do exist, and I love me some eye candy in the form of a well dressed Korean guy. And even though I can't actually talk to them, the looking is enough for me at the moment.

- The internet. I can write this blog and keep in contact with all my friends back in the dear US of A.

4 comments:

kathryn said...

I'm grateful for the internet as well so I can see what you are up to! Keep enjoying your time there. I miss you tons, but I'm glad you get to have a new adventure in your life.

Brenda said...

It is so fun to be able to know what you are up to and how things are going! I love being able to see the world from your point of view since I am not able to go there myself!

Nancy Roche said...

Sounds like you're having a blast! I'm glad it's working out, but then again, some experiences are made wonderful simply because the person making them is wonderful anyway.

Kate said...

That's too wild that you've been in Korea for soo long. Where does the time go? I'm glad that you're enjoying yourself. How fun! I enjoy some eye candy myself. Lucky you, hanging out with fellas with wonderful accents. Korean, Irish, English, Australian...etc Lovely, just lovely. :)


p.s.it's me....katie....pyne.....:)