Sunday, June 20, 2010

Warning: singing may cause injury

Saturday was Rebecca's farewell party. We had Korean BBQ and then went to the noraebang. We were at the noraebang for two hours, and I pretty much sang along to every song. There were classics like "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" and "Don't Stop Believing" and new ones like "Empire State of Mind." There were even some korean ones. My favorites that I picked out were "Can't Help Falling in Love" and "Piano Man."

It was such a blast, even if the noraebang room was 100 degrees. But the noraebang can be dangerous. Granted my throat wasn't feeling top notch before the two hours of singing, but afterward it was painful. The next day at church I was squeaking, literally, when I tried to sing the hymns or speak at a higher decibel. It was quite amusing, especially when I squeaked particularly loud at Jon and he laughed at me.

I had to say goodbye to Rebecca yesterday as well. It was very, very sad. We gave each other a big hug goodbye, and I may have cried a little. Goodbye Becca - you made Korea fun and I shall miss you, your dance moves, and your outrageously loud and boisterous laugh.

No comments: