Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My date

One of my friends, Justin, from the branch here is leaving on Saturday, headed back to the USA. He called me up on Sunday and asked if I wanted to go on a date before he left. I said yes, but because of my work schedule (I work 2pm-10pm) we had to do a morning date.

We met up at 10:30 on Tuesday. We at breakfast/lunch, which was sweet potato pizza. It might sound really weird, but it was actually really good - if you like sweet potatoes that is. Koreans tend to put a lot of things on pizza that we would never think of, including corn. But it's not too shabby.

After food, we crossed the bridge over the Han River to go to the river park. It was so humid! We were roasting and dripping in sweat. As were were walking, Justin told me, "Here is the objective: we have to find something to give each other, but it can't be trash. I don't want trash." By the time we got to the park we decided to sit under some shade for a bit. Then Justin asked this middle aged woman sitting next to us to take our picture (he speaks Korean, he served his mission here). Anyway, it ended up being kind of funny, because she almost took a picture of herself instead of us. But it turned out okay.

Here's the result.

We took a stroll along the river, and I ended up giving Justin a flower that I'd picked, but he said it was a weed. Which really it was, but there wasn't much else to find out there. And we took some random pictures.

The flower/weed I gave to Justin. He loved it - can't you tell?

Us and the flower and a wall.

Under the bridge.

Justin ended up giving me a slab of rock, that perhaps may have been part of a counter top. We ended the date with some Baskin Robbins. All in all, probably the most random date I've ever been on, but we had a good time. Smile, life is good.

2 comments:

Nancy Roche said...

That sounds totally awesome! He seems really sweet. Any plans to keep in touch?

Genny said...

how fun. he's cute! write him. hahaha