Monday, March 15, 2010

Sports, Costco, singing, dancing, and Korean men

What do all of these things have in common? I love them all, that's what. Saturday was a very full day. It started off with sports day at church. We played some basketball and some volleyball. It was muy fun until Maureen got hurt and had to go the hospital. She pulled a tendon in her foot - total bummer. Some of us that were not hurt ventured to Costco. Can I just say that Costco + Seoul, Korea + Saturday = insanely crazy. There were so many people, and Costco was two floors, so you have to ride an incline escalator with your cart. It was a new experience. But I got to eat a hot dog at the food court and I bought cheese! I made a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner. Hot dog + grilled cheese = me being one happy girl.

Later that evening I ventured out with friends to the Noraebang (aka karaoke), where we sang our guts out for an hour and a half. Then it was off to the club for dancing. It was fun, especially when a cute Korean guy asked me to dance and I said yes. He also asked if he could take me home, but I quickly declined that offer. But he did tell me I was pretty.

Today I went to lunch with Joanne - she's leaving me on Thursday to go back to the States. Boo! But lunch was good. The waiter was cute. When I asked him for more water in Korean, he was shocked because he didn't think I knew any Korean. A little later I asked him what his name was in Korean and he was shocked again. His name is Kwang-Min Lee. Then Joanne told him I thought he was cute and he laughed and blushed. He blushed! He said I was very generous - apparently he's not thought of as cute for Korean standards. Korean standards are harsh. He told Joanne she needed to come back with me again because he's shy and doesn't speak English, but alas she is leaving. I think I will visit this restaurant again for sure!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

there are some very important details left out of this blog entry...

like, what kind of cheese did you buy?!

hahahahahahaha good times. can it happen again soon?

Genny said...

I always knew you loved Korean men!!!!

Kate said...

Alright! They have a Costco in Korea! :0)

Travel_Chic said...

LOL! I love the description of the club man....