Sunday, March 28, 2010

How we entertain ourselves

There's lots of things to do to entertain yourself here in Seoul. It is, after all, a city of 11 million people, so there's lots of options out there. This weekend, in honor of Jessica's birthday, several of us decided to go to Lotte World - an amusement park right in Seoul.


Our group at Lotte World - remind you of anywhere? The first ride we went on was the Gyro Drop, a big tower that drops you really fast so your stomach feels like it's in your throat. Why do human beings do that to themselves? I guess it's a rush. We had lots of fun despite the really long lines and cold weather.


This is how we entertained ourselves while waiting in the really long lines. The Koreans laughed during our escapades. Apparently they're not as comfortable making fools of themselves as we are.

After Lotte World we headed to dinner for some Kalbi - aka grilled pork that's super yummy. I took the group to the same place I had gone with Joanne, the one with the cute waiter. Hannah and Jessica had taught me some more phrases in Korean so I managed to tell him my name and that I liked him. When he asked why, all I could do was shrug my shoulders. Then Hannah told him I was his fan. We laughed a lot.


This was the non yummy part of dinner - anchovies. Still I had to try it. Conclusion: not a fan.


This is our group at dinner with one of our waiters. He is not the cute one - the cute one is taking the picture. But this one likes flexing his muscles, and I like feeling muscles...


Me, Kwang-Min (aka the cute waiter) and Jessica. He initially didn't want to take a picture, but when we told him it was Jessica's birthday he finally relented. It was a fun filled day, complete with lots of laughter.

No comments: