Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The last couple of days...

- I went shopping. This tends to happen too often here.
- I talked to a Chinese guy in English in Korea... life is funny like that.
- I ate lunch with all of the male teachers at the school. This NEVER happens as there are about twice as many women at the school (actually this seems to be a world phenomenon; where are all the men?) Anyway, it was slightly awkward.
- I over heard teachers talking about me at school, but I only understood my name. It sounded something like, "Blah, blah, blah, Corinna, nay, blah, blah, blah. Corinna, nay, nay." I'm amused.
- I started making flash cards for the Korean alphabet. I've got most of the consonants down, but those darn vowels are pesky.
- I wore an owl necklace to school, and one class told what it was in Korean. I attempted to write it in Korean on the board, but like I said the vowels are hard. The students ended up having to describe the letters to me. "Teacher, the one that looks like a soccer ball. Teacher, the straight line one." I eventually got it, after much laughter.
- I went to the jimjilbang again, and sweated out all my toxins.
- I finally figured out how to call the good old US of A through the internet and talked to my mom, sister and best friend. Bless you, Skype, bless you.

2 comments:

LB said...

You figured out Skype!!! Good work, Corinna, good work! :O)

Kate said...

I love Skype! It's wonderful! Good for you for learning Korean. I hear that's one of the most difficult languages to learn. :) Good luck!