Thursday, January 8, 2009

Quasi Maid of Honor

Okay, so my dear, dear friend and roommate Celeste is officially engaged. I'm excited for her. She and Kevin are thinking that they'll get married sometime in July or August. And this means that the planning begins. Celeste doesn't want bridesmaids - she doesn't see the point of them in a Mormon wedding. But as her best friend I have deemed myself her quasi maid of honor. I mean, who else would she choose anyway.

Well, I've been having tons of fun looking at wedding dresses online for her. She has an idea of what she wants, and I love surfing around for stuff. This has also led me to look at wedding dresses I would like, even though I'm nowhere near getting married. But I figure a girl can never be too prepared. I think I totally know what I want when I get married - now I just have to find a groom.

Celeste decided her wedding colors are going to be really bright for summer - pink, yellow, orange, and blue. That means I'm going to find myself an awesome dress. I think I'm picking yellow as my color. I've found some great dresses - but holy cow some of them are so expensive. But I figure, the wedding of my best friend is a once in a lifetime event so I shouldn't worry about it. I'm just hoping I can find a good deal. If you have any suggestions, please fill me in.

2 comments:

kathryn said...

We've had way too much fun shopping for Celeste's wedding. Maybe we should let her find a dress first...

celeste'sblog said...

No no. You all can find your dresses first. I'll be ok. I'm glad you guys are having fun. I am too!