Monday, January 12, 2009

A Few of my Favorite Things

I'm sitting at work, not really wanting to work. Really, what else is new? But because I'm sitting here I thought I would blog about some of my favorite things or some things I'm currently obsessed with.

Michael Buble - The voice, the suit, the humor, the funny slidey dance moves. What else could you want in a swing/big band singer? Oh right, there is also the hair and the eyes. He is the epitome of sexy cool. At least in my opinion.

Brad Paisley - The voice, the hat, the humor, the awesome guitar picking. He is my all-time favorite country singer. I've seen him concert twice, and he puts on one heck of a show. And he's a super cute family man.

Musicals - I love all forms of musicals, old movie ones, and recent movie ones, and stage ones. I mean, why not break out in random song and dance whenever you feel like it? My favorites from all three categories: Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Singing in the Rain, Hairspray, Rent, Wicked, and Les Miserables.

Books that make me laugh - I love to laugh, especially the laugh until your stomach hurts and your eyes are watering kind. When a book can make me chuckle I appreciate it that much more. The one I'm reading right now, I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, is utterly silly and unbelievable but it makes me laugh. Others: Knuffle Bunny; Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snoggings; All American Girl; Nick and Norah's Infinite Play List; A Year Down Yonder - just to name a few. If you need a good chuckle check these out.

Books that make me cry - As much as I love to laugh, I also enjoy a book that's a good tearjerker. A few examples: Summer of My German Soldier; Rilla of Ingleside; Bridge to Terabithia; The Kite Runner.

Asian movies/drama - So, in a year I'm planning on going to Korea to teach English. I'm really excited about this prospect, and I'm trying to learn about their culture. In my quest I found this website, www.mysoju.com, where you can watch movies and dramas from Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and Hong Kong for free. They're all subtitled. Some are great, some are weird, some are totally cheesy. I think I've figured out that Asians love their romance. Some of my favorites: My Sassy Girl; My Little Bride; A Moment to Remember; Love Marriage; Coffee Prince; Anego; It Started With a Kiss. Warning: these are not for everyone; must be in the mood for romance, bickering between characters, and implausible/outrageous story lines. What can I say, I'm odd.

Ballroom/Latin dancing - Friday night I went ballroom dancing with my friend Lael. It was slightly humorous, seeing as how we were the only ones there under the age of 50. But it was still fun! I love dancing! I love it when I guy can lead really well, and I end up doing all these moves I've never done before. It's just plain great.

Oreos with peanut butter on top - And no, you can't just buy the Oreos with peanut butter cream because it's not the same. You must have the original Oreos with the white cream and then put peanut butter on top. It's utterly yummy. You also need a glass of milk to go along with it.

Shoes - I love shoes way too much. I probably own way too many, but I don't care. My ultimate goal is to have a pair of shoes in every color imaginable and then I'll build my own separate shoe closet. It will be heaven.

5 comments:

celeste'sblog said...

What? I cannot believe that I was not at the top of the list of your favorite things. This saddens me friend.

kathryn said...

This list is so you! (And Celeste's comment is so her.)

Genny said...

Ha! I totally heard that Korean soap operas are soooo popular!

AND, I just saw hairspray and it was soooooo funny. I need to buy it.

Corinna, we must get together and watch musicals. I love them too!

luminousbeam said...

cool faves! i gotta try the oreo pb thing sometime.

ps: one hr til kabobs. yessssss

Julia Salomatina (Putilina) said...

Great! I especially loved the part about shoes and ballroom dancing ))
I almost weep every time I go shopping for shoes or clothing here, at home... Seems like all Russians are short and have tiny feet! Haha. And I love shoes, too! I should probably visit the US more often ))