Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas is approaching

Because Christmas is on Saturday, the whole week at school I spent teaching my students Christmas vocabulary and why we celebrate Christmas. I asked them a lot of questions about what they were doing and what presents they wanted. And sometimes there were some really funny answers. These are the ones that made me laugh out loud.

Me: What would you want Santa to bring you?
3 girls: A boyfriend!
Boy: Superpowers!
Another Boy: The Universe.

Can you see a trend? All the girls want a boyfriend and the boys want supreme power. Awesome...

Me: Who was Jesus' mother?
Girl: Mary.
Me: Right, and Jesus was born in a stable.
Boy: What's a stable?
Me: A place where horses and cows live.
Boy: Mary was a horse?!?

After doubling over in laughter, I was able to explain that, no Marry was not a horse. But it was probably the best class, just because it was so funny. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and that my little stories have brought a smile to your face. Merry Christmas!

No comments: