Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Tower

On Saturday I climbed a lot of stairs. I have to climb stairs everyday, because I live on the third floor, or I'm coming out of the Metro station. But Saturday's stairs were a lot longer. I went with some friends to Namsan (or Seoul) Tower. It was humid, we climbed, we sweated, we finally made it. It was pretty, lots of green trees and foliage. Unfortunately it was cloudy and hazy that day so the view wasn't as great as it could have been. But it was still a good time.

Brendan, Jessica, and Erin taking a break on the way up.

The Tower.

Part of the view on a hazy day.

Mommy - I am far, far from home :(

There are these fences covered with locks - I think couples put them up to "lock" themselves together, or some such nonsense. I guess it's kind of sweet.

4 comments:

Genny said...

the locks are cute--haha. Yes, you are very far from home. What an adventure!!! Yeah Korea! :)

Genny said...

PS, I just saw that one of your favorite books is Jane Eyre. I LOVE THAT BOOK. I just read it and watched the movie for the first time. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Kate said...

Wow, that's a lot of locks. Cute thought. :)

Nancy Roche said...

That looked like a LOT of fun. I'll have to grill you more when I catch you on facebook.