Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lanterns, Buddha, and Parades

Last weekend they had the Lantern Festival in honor of Buddha's birthday. (I get Friday off for Buddha's birthday - so thank you Buddha, for being born!) I ventured out to a Buddhist Temple, saw lots of gold Buddhas, people bowing, and lanterns, lanterns, and more lanterns. Then we made our way to see the parades. What an amazing and interesting experience. I now want to learn how to make paper lanterns, and read up on Buddha. They had some information on him at the Temple, but sadly in was in Korean and although I can read the Korean alphabet, I mostly have no comprehension of its meaning. Sigh.

Bongeunsa Temple, adorned with many lanterns.

There was a super awesome lantern exhibit at the temple. This is just one of many, but probably my favorite - all made of paper!

More lanterns at the temple. They were everywhere.

Dragon - see the dudes legs. It was so cool.

Another of many amazing lanterns.

Enjoying the parade with Jessica.

3 comments:

kathryn said...

Wow, your hair is getting so long!!! (Notice I didn't mention how cool all the other pictures are because than I would have to tell you how jealous I am.)

Genny said...

ok, your hair is looking cute!

celeste'sblog said...

Um, I really only wanted to comment on your hair. So...Ditto.