Monday, October 13, 2008

Rock It Grill

Friday night I went out with my co-worker and friend, Jocelyn. The night started off interestingly with me running into the curb with my tire. Luckily nothing happened other than my hub cab being a little scraped. We went out to dinner, yummy Cuban food. Then we entered Rock It Grill.

Rock It Grill is a highly popular karaoke bar. We got there about 9:30 and it was already packed. We had to sit on stools by the pool table, which was amusing when people were trying to make a shot over by where we sitting. But no harm came to us via pool cue, thankfully. We signed up to sing, but the list was long. Some of the singers were really good, some just decent. We enjoyed listening and singing along. Unfortunately, they never called our names to sing. We stayed for about an hour and a half, and then they started dance floor music. It was really smokey, so we decided to leave.

It was so packed that it was hard getting out. I did a little "which way are you going dance" with this big, tall guy who was holding a pitcher of beer and half drunk. It resulted in him spilling beer directly on my crotch. It was a good thing that we were leaving at that point, because it totally looked like I had peed my pants. And it was wet, uncomfortable, and it smelled bad. Gross. We just drove back to my place after that and called it a night. I was sad I didn't get to sing though - I was going to do an Elvis song. : (

1 comment:

luminousbeam said...

next time my friend...next time...we should totally get rent an azzn karaoke room and only have a group of friends sing their hearts out back to back, it would be better.