Thursday, October 23, 2008

Birthday Bash, etc...

On Friday October 17, I had my birthday party. Friends came over to our house for food and chatting. I made salsa, my friend Ryan made a cheesecake, and my friend Heather made a beautifully decorated birthday cake. It was so pretty I almost didn't want to eat it. Almost. Quite a few people came over, and it was nice to see everyone and talk and be the center of attention.

After that six of us - me, Celeste, Kevin, Valerie, Jocelyn, and DC Kevin - went dancing at Cafe Citron in DuPont Circle. It was supposed to be salsa dancing, but it was so crowded and small, that it was more like moving in place to music. But it was still a lot of fun, minus the couple making out on the floor for half and hour and the creepy guy that kept dancing with me. But don't worry, I got away eventually. We stayed at the club until 2 a.m. and then we had to walk to Valerie's car, except she couldn't quite remember where she had parked it. We ended up walking in the wrong direction for a couple of blocks, but she realized and we did find it.

Saturday was my actual birthday, so I opened presents - movies and a cd from Celeste; a sweater, shirt, and boots from Alesha; a plaid coat and khaki pants from Mom; and forthcoming a workout dvd from Natasha. All very nice and I loved all of them. Saturday night there was a big singles activity at the Marriott in DC. It was a film festival, and some of the films were pretty funny - different singles' wards made and submitted them. Then there was a dance afterward, and I ran into my friend Kate Borg who I knew from Ricks and haven't seen here in, seriously, seven years. So that was great.

My birthday bash/weekend was a lot of fun. Unfortunately with the lack of sleep and weather change, I got sick. I'm going to blame it on my roommate because she was sick before I was, and hey, I like to blame things on other people ; )

3 comments:

celeste'sblog said...

I would just you to take note for once that when you say 'roommate' you are not referring to me. For once ever, I did not get you sick. I'm glad to know you updated your blog. I need to too.

Genny said...

why are we not blog friends???? you are fired. Add me!

Genny said...

haha, looks that you already made me a blog friend. yup, that's the same thing. hehehe. Love you!
You're only and best MTC companion ever, Sister Higdon HAHAHAHA