Sunday, September 12, 2010

Preparing to turn Japanese

In one week I'm going to Japan on vacation with Jessica. In preparation we spent Saturday having a "Japanese Day." This is what we did:

1. Researched and decided what we wanted to see on our trip. We're going to Hiroshima and Kyoto. And at the same time, badly mispronounced Japanese temple names in a creepy, old man Japanese voice.

2. Looked up Japanese phrases in Jess's book - none of which I can remember.

3. Watched a really sad Japanese movie online. Jessica blames me for picking it - it made us cry. It was really, really depressing.

4. Went and ate pork cutlet - because technically it's Japanese - and kimbop, and pretended it was sushi.

I can't wait for Japan!!!

1 comment:

Genny said...

haha! I remember watching the depressing "Premonition" with sandra bullock, and later found out it was a japanese movie. go figure. Have fun in Japan!