Friday, July 23, 2010

Good things happen

My "I hate Korea" moment did indeed quickly fade. The last couple of days at work have been long, but pretty good (except when I caught two girls listening to their MP3 players instead of me, but I won't dwell on that.) And it's Friady!! Wahoo!!

Yesterday in class I asked the students, "If you could go to any country on vacation, where would you go?"

Girl: England.
Me: Why England?
Girl: No, Chris.
Me: Who is Chris?
Laughter from students.
Girl: Teacher, not Chris, Chrisssss.
Me: What? I am so confused.
Girl: Not go to England - go to Chris.
Me: Ah, Greece.

I have one girl student, Na-Kyeong, who is probably the sweetest student I have. She listens in class, she answers questions, she comes to talk to me in my office, and she even let me have one of the anime pictures drew - it's hanging up in my office. Today I gave her a piece of candy (remember that post I made about the power of candy? It so true.) After I gave it to her, she hugged me, told me she loved me, and kissed me on the cheek. First time to be kissed by a student. I was taken aback but she's cute.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

I used to not know what to do when students hugged me. Made me so uncomfortable, especially after a mission where they pound it into your head not to touch kids.