Friday, November 6, 2009

Korea, here I come

Don't worry, it's South Korea. I officially got offered a job working at the Simson School in Seoul, South Korea. I leave January 2! It will be here before I know it. I'll be teaching history, science, and literature in English to fifth and sixth graders. I'm so excited, and I little nervous too. I think this will be an absolutely awesome experience, but I'm sure there will be some hiccups along the way. There always are when working in a different environment and culture.

So in the meantime I'll be trying to prepare myself by learning the Korean alphabet, getting my paperwork figured out, and deciding what I need to take with me for a year in Korea. And also spending time with my family before I leave.

I invite anyone who wants to come visit me, to come. I'll have a studio apartment, so you might have to sleep on the floor, but hey it would be a free room. And if anyone has any advice on teaching ESL, please throw it my way.

5 comments:

kathryn said...

W00t! Free room!

Stacie said...

That's awesome! Have fun for me!

LB said...

I'm so excited for you!! Woohoo!!

celeste'sblog said...

It's about friggin' time!!! I'm so happy. You're gonna have a blast!

Nancy Roche said...

I imagine that you're feeling a tad apprehensive, possibly even harried. I think you'll do well. You have patience, and a generous heart. I have much faith in you. Please keep blogging and keep us up-to-date!