Monday, January 30, 2012

Hick Town

I am from a hick town and pretty darn proud of it. One of the things Red Bluff, CA is famous for is the Bull and Gelding Sale. It just happened this past week and I ventured over to the fairgrounds (which happen to be right next to my house). I saw some really well trained, smart cattle dogs herd cattle. It was pretty darn impressive. I wondered around the western art show and other westerny booths. My mom ended up buying a photograph I wanted - that's what happens when moms have more money than you do. I went in to watch the bull auction and wondered how in the world auctioneers learn to talk that fast. I felt out of place in my cords and t-shirt; I was sadly lacking the Wranglers, boots, and cowboy hat. But I still had a good time.

This is the photograph my mom bought. The photographer is Grief Hoskin. He has some pretty cool stuff, so you should check out his website: www.riovaqueros.com

No comments: